Hostings

Hostings
The world's #1 Hosting

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Selamat Datang and welcome to my website! http://chiefministertaib.sarawak.gov.my/

Welcome Message



Selamat Datang and welcome to my website!
This site includes an archive of articles and publications as well as up-to-date Sarawak news. You can also read a number of speeches delivered by me at various conferences and state occasions, and I welcome your comments on them.
As the Chief Minister of Sarawak, Malaysia, I take satisfaction from the fact that the range of issues addressed in these speeches encompasses all sections of society: politicians, civil servants, businesses, the electorate, students and young people. I hope you find the material here both informative and thought-provoking, and that it helps to illuminate debate as we move forward.
Globalisation has brought us closer together than ever before and has revolutionised our way of communicating. Advances in information technology have created a limitless frontier of knowledge and information acquisition. My Government has put in place a formidable array of mechanisms to prepare the people of Sarawak to face new challenges and to take advantage of new opportunities in the global economy.
I feel that Sarawak has advanced into the new millennium with growing vigour, and has not been left behind in any aspect of modern life. Our standard of living has taken great strides, but we must always strive to improve it further and to evolve to meet the demands of the modern age.
My website is intended for all those who are interested in Sarawak’s development, from the early days to the present, and I hope that the many difficulties and adversities that Sarawakians have overcome throughout my tenure as Chief Minister are to some extent captured and portrayed in the various speeches transcribed here.
Whatever the hardships through which we have lived, we remain united in the face of the many challenges in our daily lives. Without the peace, unity and tranquillity prevailing in our society today, Sarawak might have taken a rockier path and history could have judged us differently.
I am proud and happy to be able to say that in our truly diverse, multi-ethnic community, we have shown ourselves able to live in harmony and friendship as united Sarawakian men and women. Our track record is proof of that enduring accord.
I hope this website will reach out to the people - you are invited here to read my views and news.


YAB Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud

Chief Ministerof Sarawak

No comments:

Post a Comment